Book Title: An Introduction to Community & Public Health
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Author: James F. McKenzie
Now with a new full color design and art program, the Eighth Edition of An Introduction to Community & Public Health provides the latest trends and statistics in community health. With an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for a career in health education, this best-selling introductory text covers such topics as epidemiology, community organization, program planning, minority health, health care, mental health, environmental health, drugs, safety, and occupational health. A robust pedagogy and online companion Website help students understand and retain key learning objectives and better prepare for class.
New and Key Features:
- A new full color design and art program provides a modern, fresh look to the text
- A fully revised chapter on Health Care Policy provides students with the latest data in this changing field
- Includes the latest updates related to Healthy People 2020, ADA, and MyPlate
- Each chapter includes a short scenario that helps students relate chapter content to their everyday lives, identifies key ideas in the chapter, and highlights learning objectives
- Key terms are placed in boldfaced type and defined both in the margins of the text and in the glossary
- Web activities encourage students to further explore content by visiting relevant community/public health websites
- Suggested activities help students apply what they have learned in the text or research it further
Receive FREE eBook Access with your print copy when using ISBN-13: 978-1-284-06739-2!