Book Title: The Best of Quilting Arts: Your Ultimate Resource for Art Quilt Techniques and Inspiration
Author: Patricia Bolton
Celebrate the first 10 years of the groundbreaking Quilting Arts magazine with The Best of Quilting Arts, a collection of the best articles, projects, and techniques.
Pokey Bolton, founder of Quilting Arts magazine, has compiled the most popular articles that have inspired quilters and artists alike to move beyond the basics of art quilting and re-explore machine and hand stitching, fabric embellishment, surface design, and more.
Inside you'll find:
- Quilt art techniques from fabric collage and applique to resist dyeing, stamping, and foiling.
- Machine-stitching and thread-painting tips and tutorials from award-winning art quilters.
- Ideas and advice for the professional quilt artist.
- An array of binding and stitching techniques to make your art quilt stand out.
- Methods for making realistic representational art quilts, including portraits of pets and people.
Whether you're making your first art quilt or are a seasoned quilt artist eager to enhance your designs, you'll find endless instruction and inspiration in The Best of Quilting Arts